.jpg
PHOTO: Tutank 2738'43.32" 3053'46.10"

, -- (Tell el Amarna), , , 287 , 100 . (« »), IV () 15 . . . 1891 ( , , . , . . .). , — , — ( ). ( -- ), — , , . , . . . . . , , . 15 . . 

..   " --"                                                  

 

 

The site of Amarna is located on the east bank of the Nile River in the modern Egyptian province of Minya, some 58 km south of the city of al-Minya, 312 km south of the Egyptian capital Cairo and 402 km north of Luxor. The site of Amarna includes several modern villages, chief of which are el-Till in the north and el-Hagg Qandil in the south. The area contains an extensive Egyptian archaeological site that represents the remains of the capital city newly–established and built by the Pharaoh Akhenaten of the late Eighteenth Dynasty (c. 1353 BC), and abandoned shortly afterwards. The name for the city employed by the ancient Egyptians is written as Akhetaten (or Akhetaton – transliterations vary) in English transliteration. Akhetaten means "Horizon of the Aten." The area was also occupied during later Roman and early Christian times, excavations to the south of the city have found several structures from this period.


 

22.08.2017 .

: 0  

17.05.2017 .

: 0  

11.04.2017

: 0