.jpg
PHOTO: MadMax_UA 4835'4.63" 2659'57.66"

, , , , . , . 1024 . 1362 , « ». ( - ). , 1255 -. . , , , , . 1258 .

-

 

 

Bakota. Formerly a fortified town in the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia, Bakota was first mentioned in the Hypatian Chronicle under the year 1240. It is located in the valley of the Dniester River in eastern Podilia. It is now a village in Kamianets-Podilskyi raion, Khmelnytskyi oblast. Bakota has an ancient Orthodox cave monastery with frescoes and paintings dating back to the 12th-14th century. Near the village there is a paleolithic archeological site. Bakota was first mentioned in the Hypatian Chronicle in the year 1240. When the town was first settled, the town was part of the state of Kievan Rus', until the middle of the 12th century when it became a part of the Halych-Volhynian Kingdom. In the 13th century, Bakota served as the political and administrative center of the Dniester Lowland (Ponyzzia), which was at the time part of Halych-Volhynia. The chronicle also mentions the rule of the Koriatovych dynasty over the area in 1362.


 

09.12.2017

: 0  

22.08.2017 .

: 0  

17.05.2017 .

: 0